Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Clumsiness

     I am clumsy.  Very clumsy. We are talking falls down flights of stairs clumsy, 5 separate flights to be exact.  I am like a magnet to corners and it still amazes me that have all my toes. My poor husband fears for my life on a daily basis, he is convinced that it will be the end of me and he is probably right.  Charley seems to have inherited my poor coordination. The 2 of us are like peas in a pod when it comes to injuring ourselves. He too has stubbed his toes, hit his head on everything imaginable, and trips on his own two feet. Between the two of us, ice packs and bandages will have to bought in bulk.  
     Walking is always entertaining. It seems to slip my mind that you actually have to pick up your feet when walking. I often fall head first into the payment. tripping on absolutely nothing! Stairs, however, are my biggest aggravation. Inside stairs, outside stairs, doesn't matter, they both foul me up. My most memorable account of falling down the stairs was in Minneapolis. I was exiting my old apartment when I tripped, whacked my head up against the railing and slid, backwards, on my back, head first down the steps. Landing with my head on the payment. The memorable part being the homeless man standing over me laughing. I guess I can't blame him. It must have been a sight to see. No injuries excluding the softball size bruise on my tush. 
     That's the thing. I never really get hurt, but I always get hurt. How does that work? Can it be possible that one can injure themselves so much that the body knows what to do? Am I immune to broken bones because of my constant falls and tumbles? Well I'm not going to be testing out that theory. Instead I am going to cling to the safety rails and take my time walking down the street. I may be 30 minutes late, but at least I only fell 3 times instead of my usual 6. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment