Thursday, March 10, 2011

My arch nemesis: The gigantic, bulk box of Q-Tips...

     It was a rare cold evening in Phoenix the day the Q-Tips came into our lives.  Jeremy had gone to Costco and felt the need to purchase these agents of evil, in bulk. He put the box on the counter. He could barely contain his excitement. "Look!" he said, with a grin, "Q-Tips! In bulk! We'll never need to buy Q-Tips again!" "Huh..." I remarked. It wasn't long after that day that I would realized how big of pain this box would be.
    In the course of a year these Q-Tips would be a great source of frustration for me. I know you are thinking "Q-Tips?" But yes, Q-Tips. They would be lost and scattered around. The box would be too big to put in any drawer and too small to just stick into the hall closet. With this being the case, the big, bulk box of Q-Tips would randomly get lost. "Where are the Q-Tips?!?" I would hear. "Charley is eating the Q-Tips!" or "The Q-Tips are all over the floor in a huge line!" Were also common phrases that would chime through my tiny house. Then we moved....
     I thought for sure our relocation to New York would bring about positive changes in my relationship with the box of Q-Tips, but I was wrong, I was very wrong. In the course of packing, moving, unpacking and organizing, the Q-Tips managed to get lost once again. I discovered them one snowy day in a huge circle on my kitchen floor. Charley knew where they were the whole time. I threw away about 100 Q-Tips that day. However, even Charley's floor art didn't make a dent in this box. The box proceeded to float around the house. Being placed where ever I could that would insure they wouldn't be played with.
    Well, the war wages on, they are lost once again. I have looked high and low for the Q-Tips. I'm sure I will discover them in a bag or in a corner somewhere. When I do find them, every single last 1 of them will be thrown into the trash!

2 comments:

  1. HA! HA! HA! I think you need a "Clapper" on the box. Clap once and you'll find them so you can "send them to the great white beyond". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just be grateful it is only one box...Sexy Firefighter insists on buying so much in bulk it is taking up garage space. Grrrr...I might have it all thinned out by the time he returns from Korea in 2012! LOL Clever Blog Debbie!

    ReplyDelete