Friday, March 11, 2011

Snow drops keep falling on my head

"Why are you moving to Buffalo?"  "What?!? You are moving from Phoenix to Buffalo?" "So let me get this straight, you moved from sunny Phoenix to Buffalo in January?" "Why?????"

     "Yes, from Phoenix to Buffalo in January." Is always the answer. I have had what feels like a million people ask me these exact same questions over the course of the last 3 months. I completely understand the confusion. It snows a lot in Buffalo!  Now I didn't realize just how much until I moved here. I thought "A lot of snow, whatever! It probably snows a couple times a week and people are just all up in a tizzy over nothing!" Well......I was mistaken. Come to find out it SNOWS here ALOT!!!!! In fact, in the 8 weeks we have lived here it has snowed everyday!! EVERYDAY!!!!!!! Now sometimes it warms up enough to melt the snow on the ground. But don't get too excited! It will snow again within 5 hours of the meltage!!!
    Once again it is snowing. The wind is howling outside and the little white specks are falling peacefully to the ground. It is a beautiful sight! Like glitter being shaken over a piece of paper. This winter is a novelty. Having lived in Phoenix for the last 6 years I have been without this action. But the novelty is wearing off. I yearn for Spring! I want to see Western New York not cover in white fluff.
     So I will sit and watch the snow fall. Wondering how long this Winter will last. March 21st? I think not. I may have to wear my parka well into April before the cold breaks. Bring on the scarfs, coats and boots! We still have a long way to go my friends...

1 comment:

  1. Love your writing Debbie. I miss your clever lines and witty remarks, but being able to read them helps me to feel like you're not so far away. Love you.

    ReplyDelete